Saturday, January 16, 2010


Our year hasn't started off great. Yesterday we said goodbye to Chase's grandpa Roger. He truely was a wonderful person, who accepted and loved everyone!
Yesterday was such a up and down day. He wasn't doing well in the morning. Then they took out his breathing tube and he woke up and was talking to everyone and doing so well, we all had a little hope in our hearts that maybe he would pull through. Then he took a turn for the worst and wasn't breathing well, so all the family gathered around and they told him it was ok to go. Not long after they said a prayer for him to go, he was gone. We will all miss grandpa Roger and we all will be better people for having known him!

7 comments:

Wilkins Family said...

I'm sorry for your loss. That had to be a hard day.

Katie Snedeger said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that he is in a better place and no longer suffering. I'm glad it all went fast and you were able to say good bye.

Shondel said...

im so sorry. thats always hard to lose loved ones.

The Pearson's said...

You wrote this journal entry so well! I know its so hard to lose somebody... But you have a great attitude about it- Im sorry to hear of your loss. Give Chase our love! But your'e right we will be better people because of the ones who touched our lives one way or another~

The Wheeler's said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose someone.

Melanee said...

Please travel safely when you go to Grandpa Roger's funeral tomorrow. I'm praying the weather is good for you.

Jessica and Justin said...

I'm sorry. I remember those feelings when we lost Justin's Grandpa Bert 2 years ago. It's a very hard time. It's such a comfort to know we will see our lost loved ones again!